Saturday, March 2, 2013

Glorifying Bipolar Mania


After two long weeks of writing, re-writing, editing, and considering the upshot of such a post, I finally produced this piece. I don't really know what I was so worried about. I have never been afraid of anything I have published before, but perhaps it's because I have never really put a piece out there that could so directly offend a group of my fellow Chronically Awesome patients before. I do believe that anything worth feeling this strongly about is a feeling worth writing about. It's been awhile since I really wrote about something in this way. So, I give you:

Glorifying Bipolar Mania:  "I cannot imagine a world where it is "ok" to sing the praises of the symptoms of an often dangerous psychiatric disorder. I cannot imagine a life where one manipulates medications or triggers to bring on possibly life threatening manias for the illusion of productivity or creativity." visit WhatTheJules to read this entire post.

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment